Client is in the Pharmaceutical Industry with a head office of 100 employees based in Southern Ontario, with worldwide clients and and has been established for 25 years.
The client organization did not have a fully dedicated HR function in place and was experiencing multiple people challenges across the business. Some of the issues included;
- Multiple employee locations
- Rising employee relations issues
- HR being “handled” by various well intended employees
- Increasing frequency of expensive employee legal issues.
GM HR PROPOSED SOLUTIONS
- Our HR expertise and perspective were brought to bear in supporting our client in establishing a new and customized solution to HR presence, and efficiency.
- We worked with the client in understanding the varying HR points of pain across the business. We conducted an “HR Audit” and documented existing HR practices, tools, programs that were in place.
- We partnered with the leadership team in understanding the company business strategy and the employee capability requirements needed to deliver on that strategy.
- We developed a relevant HR strategy, priorities and resources that focused on new approaches to HR issues.
- Advised the client by providing new ways to address the issues identified above. Including consistent onsite HR Solutions resource, designed to: provide advice and HR expertise to leadership and employees. While also learning company culture, and trusting relationships along the way.
- Established appropriate HR focus and deliverables, designed to support business goals and creatively introduce a new HR perspective. We resourced the HR function with them.
RESULTS & CONCLUSION
- Working with the client, we developed a broad-based HR strategy supporting the business.
- As part of the HR strategy, we implemented an HR resourcing plan with clear accountabilities. The client hired a dedicated, onsite, junior HR resource, that became the day-to-day face of HR to employees. We supplemented that resource with a senior HR person that dedicates 1 day per week, onsite, to the management team. This virtual resource is additionally available as needed, by management.