Entrepreneurial, Toronto-based news distribution and social communication solutions company with 300+ employees worldwide, established for 20 years.
Concerns around declining employee engagement, the company required a solution for more effective career development for its employees while also supporting business strategy.
GM HR PROPOSED SOLUTIONS
- HR Solutions worked with both the leadership and HR teams in reviewing the business strategy, including current and future workforce requirements.
- We reviewed employee demographic data, employee engagement data, turnover of top talent and existing career development tools and resources. We connected the HR “dots”.
- We developed and implemented a Career Planning Framework aligned to the business strategy that: Clarified roles and accountabilities for leaders and employees; Provided leadership training for career conversations; Created a promote from within, where appropriate, philosophy, helping to retain talent and support employee development; Provided training and tools for leaders and employees to engage in meaningful career development discussions.
- Having benefited from leading HR teams in entrepreneurial organizations, HR Solutions was able to quickly understand the company culture and apply solutions that were creative and fit the client.
- Being a niche HR consulting firm, we don’t have to follow the beaten path or adhere to protocol. We explore and find new approaches to client challenges.
RESULTS & CONCLUSION
- Our customized solutions developed with our client had an immediate and measurable impact on employee engagement, (through pre-post “pulse” surveys), and ultimately business results.
- On a go-forward basis the organization communicated a performance culture to employees that articulated; Yes performance results are important, but we also want to reinforce performance results with meaningful employee growth and development discussions and opportunities.