Cross-border transportation, logistics and warehousing services company, based in GTA with 150 employees, established for 30 years.
Organization did not have an HR function in place and HR issues that were being handled by the CEO were getting to the point of distracting him from running the business. The CEO initially needed HR guidance on an employee matter. It became apparent through discussion, that the client actually had a number of HR related issues. He knew they were important issues, but he also knew there could be expensive financial and legal implications if not dealt with properly.
GM HR PROPOSED SOLUTIONS
- We realize that companies may not always have the need or resources for a fully dedicated HR function. But they do need periodic advice or guidance on HR issues. That’s where “HR On-Call” comes into play. One of the services that GM HR Solutions provides clients is consultation and advice on HR matters.
- We worked with the client in understanding the HR pain points across the business. The client operates in a highly regulated environment, which had direct people implications. Areas such as employment standards, health and safety, employee terminations, were a concern.
- We partnered with the CEO and the leadership team in implementing GM HR Solutions as the go-to HR resource for important HR matters.
- Advised the client to create an HR resource that was available for important HR matters. The client did not need a fully dedicated HR function. They needed HR periodically. We provide HR advice on-call.
- As HR practitioners, we find that you do not have to over-complicate HR solutions. We explore and provide new, (and common sense) ways to deliver HR services that are right for the client. Smart thinking adds more value than HR theory!
RESULTS & CONCLUSION
- “HR On Call” provides the client with immediate access to professional HR expertise.
- GM HR Solutions supplements the client management team with broad-based HR proficiency through onsite or virtual support.